- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Open Face Tuna Melts Recipe
|Canned tuna||6 1⁄2 Ounce, drained and flaked|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sliced celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Whole wheat bread slice||4 , toasted|
|Alfalfa sprouts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|American cheese slice||4|
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.5%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.5 mg
Sodium 735.3 mg30.6%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 20 g39.9%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Mix well tuna, mayonnaise, celerly, scallions, dill weed, salt and pepper to blend ingredients.
2) Place the toasted bread on paper plate or plate lined with paper towel.
3) On each slice of bread, place one-quarter of tuna salad.
4) Top this with alfalfa sprouts and tomato slice and microwave for 2 minutes at Power 5.
5) Place a slice of American cheese over the top of each sandwich half and microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes at Power Hi until cheese is melted.
6) Serve hot.