- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Open Face Grilled Tuna 'N' Cheese Sandwich Recipe
|Reduced-calorie mayonnaise||2 Teaspoon|
|Dijon-style mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned tuna||2 Ounce, drained, flaked|
|Celery||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Enriched white bread slices/Whole wheat bread slices||1 , lightly toasted|
|Dill pickle||1⁄4 , thinly sliced|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 Ounce, thinly sliced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 307 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.8 mg
Sodium 654.7 mg27.3%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.68 g2.7%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 25 g50.1%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine together the mustard, mayonnaise and lemon juice in a small bowl.
2) Add the celery and tuna and stir well.
3) Layer the toast with pickle slices, then the tuna and then with the cheese.
4) Put the toast on a sheet of foil or a toaster-oven tray.
5) Broil till the cheese has melted.
6) Serve as preferred.