- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Onions de Luxe Recipe
|Nut butter/Vegan margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1 Pound (445 Gram, Small Of Equal Size)|
|Grapefruit juice||1⁄3 Pint (200 Milliliter)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Soya flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 516 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.2%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 21.6 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.2%
Sugars 51 g
Protein 15 g29.8%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 157.3%
Calcium 22.3% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy bottomed pan take some nut butter and coat the pan while heating it.
2. Peel the onions and cook in the pan with sugar and grapefruit juice until tender.
3. Make a mixture of the soya flour and water.
4. Take out the onions from the pan and add this mixture in the pan cooking it with the juices and stirring continuously to avoid any lumps.
5. Serve the onions garnished with the sauce poured on top.