- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Onion Tart Recipe Video
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For the filling|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|For the pie dough|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ice water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 604 Calories from Fat 332
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58%
Saturated Fat 19.2 g95.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 151.2 mg
Sodium 446.2 mg18.6%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 10 g20.4%
Vitamin A 22.6% Vitamin C 10.2%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. For the pie dough: In a mixing bowl, add flour, salt, pepper and butter. Rub the flour and butter together to form a grainy texture for the flour.
3. Pour in the ice water and mix well into a dough. Once done, wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
4. In a saucepan on medium high, heat oil and butter. Stir in the onion slices, salt, pepper and stir fry for about 15 minutes or until caramelized.
5. After 30 minutes, remove the pie dough and set it on a floured board. Using a rolling pin roll it out into a flat layer.
6. Take a souffle cup and place this pie dough over it and let it settle in the cup. Using a knife, cut off the extra dough from the sides and repeat steps 5 and 6 if required.
7. For the filling: In another bowl, add eggs, cream, salt, pepper and whisk it well. Stir in the caramelized onions and whisk until well incorporated.
8. Take the pie dough coated souffle cup and pour this onion batter into it along with some of the cream. Bake it in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Once done, remove and get ready to serve.
9. Serve this onion tart with salad leaves.