- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Onion Supper Soup Recipe
|Onions||3 Large, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable stock/Browned beef stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|French bread slices||4 (Thick Slices)|
|Swiss cheese/Gruyere cheese||4 Ounce, sliced|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated (For Garnishing)|
Calories 474 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.6%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64 mg21.3%
Sodium 957.3 mg39.9%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.5%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 19 g38.3%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 29.6%
Calcium 43.5% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet and top each with sliced cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
2. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or till cheese melts.
3. In covered saucepan, over low temperature, heat butter and cook onions and garlic for 20 minutes or till very tender; stir occasionally.
4. Add stock and 1/4-teaspoon pepper, bring the mixture to boil; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
5. Ladle soup into 4 individual bowls and top each serving with a toast slice.