- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Onion Squares Recipe
|Sliced onions||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley/1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream/1/2 cup grated cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2081 Calories from Fat 997
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g174.1%
Saturated Fat 49.5 g247.4%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 159.2 mg
Sodium 2917.3 mg121.6%
Total Carbohydrates 232 g77.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.8 g47.4%
Sugars 25.7 g
Protein 39 g77.2%
Vitamin A 86.6% Vitamin C 97.3%
Calcium 122.3% Iron 85.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Saute the onions, covered, in butter until tender. Cool.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Chop in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
4. Add the parsley and milk and stir until all the flour is moistened.
5. Turn into a well-greased eight-inch-square pan. Spread onions over the top and cover with sour cream.
6. Bake about twenty minutes. Cut into squares