- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Onion Soup Gratin Recipe
|Thinly sliced onions||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|White vermouth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned beef broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned chicken broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|French bread slice||6|
|Grated swiss cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 499 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.9%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g82%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.3 mg
Sodium 955.5 mg39.8%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.6%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 22 g44.2%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 14%
Calcium 46.5% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl, combine vermouth and mustard to blend well.
2) In a 3-quart casserole, add butter and place it on carousel.
3) Set your microwave at Power Hi for 1-2 minutes till butter melts and turns foamy.
4) Bring out casserole and stir in onions to get even coating of butter. Pour water.
5) Set your microwave preheated at 375°F.
6) Return the casserole inside microwave to cook onions.
7) Set your microwave at Combination 3 with 375°F for 18-20 minutes. You need to stir the ingredients within 5 minutes duration during the total cooking cycle.
8) Bring out the casserole and add seasoning of salt and pepper.
9) Set your microwave preheated at 425°F.
10) Return the casserole inside microwave and set the microwave at Convection with 450°F for 10 minutes to make the onions golden. You need to stir onions at least once in between the cooking cycle.
11) Bring out of microwave and stir in flour properly.
12) Place it back inside microwave and set the microwave at Power Hi for 2 minutes.
13) Combine the prepared mixture of vermouth and mustard to the casserole.
14) Set your microwave at Power Hi for 3-4 minutes.
15) Now pour both the broths into the casserole and place it back inside microwave.
16) Set your microwave at Power Hi for 18-20 minutes to thicken the soup. Stir the soup at least once while cooking.
17) Set your microwave to preheat at 425°F.
18) Use individual casserole bowls to put a slice of French bread.
19) Pour hot soup into each casserole bowl over the bread slice. Add ¼ cup of grated cheese on top.
20) Use a metal rack to place casseroles in a circular pattern.
21) Set your microwave at Convection with 450°F for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese turns bubbling and light brown.
22) Serve hot with additional garnish of grated cheese.