- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Onion Soup Recipe
|Instant beef broth and seasoning mix||4 Ounce (4 Packets)|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced|
|French bread slice||2 Ounce, toasted (4 Slices Of 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce, shredded|
|Parmesan cheese||4 Ounce, shredded|
Calories 343 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.8%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.7 mg
Sodium 2229 mg92.9%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.6%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 19 g37.4%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 60.2%
Calcium 51.4% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) In a 2 or 3-quart saucepan, mix the broth mix and water together, bring to a boil.
3) Stir in the onions, then simmer over a low heat for about 15 minutes, until the onions are tender.
4) In 4 flameproof soup crocks place a slice of bread, then evenly pour the soup into each crock.
5) Sprinkle each serving with 1 ounce mozzarella cheese and 1 ounce Parmesan cheese.
6) Place under a broiler and broil for about 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
7) Serve immediately.