- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Onion Soup Recipe
|Finely chopped onion||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Bacon drippings||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice water/Vegetable stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 496 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.3%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76 mg
Sodium 1161.2 mg48.4%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 33.7 g
Protein 17 g34.2%
Vitamin A 50.3% Vitamin C 53.5%
Calcium 56.1% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a covered saucepan, melt butter or drippings.
2) Add in onions, cover and cook the onions. Shake the pan often while cooking.
3) Once the onions have become tender, pour in rice water or stock.
4) Boil for 5 minutes. Add seasoning and remove from flame.
5) Sprinkle chopped parsley and serve hot in soup bowls.