- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raw Onion and Bread Sticks Recipe Video
|Brazil nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raw almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground flax seeds||3 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Flax seeds||2 Tablespoon, soaked|
Calories 142 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.2%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 52.8 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 0.02% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a grinder, grind Brazil nuts and raw almonds until you get a cornmeal texture. Add 1 1/2 tbsp ground flax seeds and a pinch of sea salt.
2. Add the chopped onions into the mix and combine
3. In a bowl combine 2 tbsp of whole flax seed with little water. Once the flax seeds are soaked combine it with the nut mixture and add 2 tbsp of dried ground flax seeds and bind them.
4. Once done place the onion stick mixture on the non stick dehydrator sheet, and dehydrate at 105 for 6 hours.
5. After 6 hours turn the onion stick mixture and cut them into onion sticks and dehydrate at 105 for further 6 hours.
7. Serve the onion rings and stick as a snack.