- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crispy Onion Rings Recipe Video
|Yellow onion||1 Large, sliced|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Panko bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 3946 Calories from Fat 3428
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 388 g596.3%
Saturated Fat 56.9 g284.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117 mg39%
Sodium 2319.6 mg96.6%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g36.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.9%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 21 g41.4%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 0.22%
Calcium 34.1% Iron 25.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt, in a small bowl and mix well.
3. Dredge the onions on the flour mixture and set aside.
4. Meanwhile, make the batter by adding the egg and milk on the flour mixture and whisk.
5. Dip the onions on the batter and allow the extra batter to drip.
6. Place the breadcrumbs in a plastic bag or container and put-in the onions rings.
7. Heat a cooking pot and pour-in cooking oil.
8. When the oil is hot, deep-fry the onion until the color turns golden brown (usually 2 minutes or so).
9. Remove the onion rings from the cooking pot and place in a plate lined with paper towels, to absorb the excess oil.
10. Transfer to a serving plate and serve.
11. Share and enjoy!