- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Onion Gravy Recipe
|Onion soup mix envelope||1 (Lipton)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 45 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.09 g0.13%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.08%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 626.5 mg26.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.68 g2.7%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 1 g2.4%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.44%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Blend the soup mix in 1 ½ cups of water using a medium sauce pan or stock pot.
2. Place the pan on a medium flame.
3. Allow the liquid to reach boiling point.
4. Reduce the flame, cover the pot with its lid and simmer the liquid for 8-10 minutes, stirring after very 2-3 minutes.
5. In the mean while, in a small bowl, make flour slurry by combining the flour with ½ cup water to make a smooth paste.
6. Pour the flour slurry to the simmering liquid, stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
7. Boil the gravy for 2-3 minutes till thickened to coat the back of the ladle.
8. Taste to check seasoning and adjust to taste.
9. Strain the gravy for a smooth consistency.
10. Pour into a sauce boat and use to accompany roasts and grilled meats.
11. To reheat, add a little water to thin the gravy and heat in a saucepan.