- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Onion Filled Squash Recipe
|Acorn squash||2 Medium|
|Frozen small onions in cream sauce||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Bacon flavored bits/2 slices bacon||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crisply fried and crumbled|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1086 Calories from Fat 224
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.1%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19 mg
Sodium 2408.2 mg100.3%
Total Carbohydrates 199 g66.5%
Dietary Fiber 27.3 g109%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 46 g92.3%
Vitamin A 124% Vitamin C 323.4%
Calcium 53.7% Iron 85.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. PIace slit pouch of frozen onions in 1 1/2-quart glass casserole.
3. Place squash on upper rack in oven and onions on bottom shelf.
4. Microwave both for 6 to 8 minutes on HIGH, or until onions are warm. Remove onions and continue cooking squash for 4 minutes on HIGH.
5. Cut squash in half; remove seeds. Place, cut-side-up, in 2-quart (8 x 8) glass baking dish; sprinkle with salt. Empty onion pouch into casserole; stir in bacon and green pepper. Fill centers of squash with onion mixture; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Remove rack from oven.
6. Microwave squash for 10 to 11 minutes on HIGH, or until tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.