- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Onion Cheese Pie Recipe
|Swiss cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot pepper sauce||3 Drop|
|8 inch pastry crust||1 , baked|
|Canned french fried onions||3 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 582 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.6%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 222.3 mg
Sodium 134.3 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.74 g3%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 19 g37.6%
Vitamin A 17.8% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 32.4% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium bowl, combine first four ingredients.
2. Mix thoroughly by whisking lightly with a fork.
3. Place the pastry shell on a microwaveable plate
4. Pour the prepared filling into it and spread evenly
5. Arrange the onion rings on top in a neat and attractive manner then sprinkle parsley.
Place pie in the microwave and cook for on HIGH for about 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 minutes, stirring lightly every 2 minutes, until filling it set but still soft.
6. Cover the pie and allow it to stand, for 5 minutes before serving.
7. Slice into wedges and serve the pie warm.