- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Onion Cheese Bread Recipe Video
|Sour dough loaf||1 Pound|
|Monterey jack cheese||1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Poppy seeds||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 607 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.9%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.2 mg
Sodium 922 mg38.4%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.4%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 24 g48.7%
Vitamin A 22.6% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 42% Iron 1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a serrated knife, cut the bread lengthwise into 1" strips without cutting through the bottom.
3. Cut the bread widthwise into 1" strips, again without cutting through the bottom.
4. Insert the cheese into the slits.
5. Mix the butter, onions and poppy seeds.
6. Take a cookie sheet and line that with aluminum foil.
7. Place the bread on the cookie sheet.
8. Pour butter and onion mixture over the bread.
9. Seal the bread in the foil.
10. Bake in oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
11. Put the onion cheese bread on a serving platter and serve hot.