- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Onion Cheese Bites Recipe
|Baguette slices||12 (Diagonal Slices, 3/4-Inch/2 Cm Thick, French Sticks)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese/Freshly grated romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Light mayonnaise||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Finely chopped sweet red pepper||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1281 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.1%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.1 mg
Sodium 2898.1 mg120.8%
Total Carbohydrates 249 g83%
Dietary Fiber 0.43 g1.7%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 39 g79%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 13.4%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In small bowl, combine cheese, onion, mayonnaise and red pepper and mix thoroughly and this cheese mixture can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 24 hours.
2) Place bread slices on the baking sheet and broil for 1 to 2 minutes or just until lightly browned and toasts can be made prior and stored in airtight container for up to 24 hours.
3) Now turn the toasts.
4) Evenly spread heaping of cheese mixture1 tsp,say 5 mL on untoasted side of slices and sprinkle pepper on top.
5) Broil 6 inches,say 15 cm from heat, observing keenly for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
6) Serve hot as the cheese melts.