- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Onion And Potato Soup Recipe
|Potatoes||7 Ounce, peeled diced (200 Gram)|
|Onions||7 Ounce, peeled sliced (200 Gram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Boiling water||8 Fluid Ounce (225 Milliliter)|
|Chopped parsley/Cheese||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 281 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.5 mg
Sodium 259.8 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 61.4%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a microwaveable dish, combine vegetables with butter, water, salt and pepper.
2. Cover the dish with cling film.
3. Place in the microwave and cook for 8 minutes on HIGH power, sautéing after every 3 minutes.
4. Add milk and boiling water and check seasoning. Adjust to taste.
5. Return to the microwave for another 4 minutes until well heated.
6. Ladle into soup bowls.
7. Garnish with chopped parsley or cheese if desired
8. Serve with crusty bread.