- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Onion Pakoras - Part 3 Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Pound, chopped finely|
|Flax and sunflower seeds||6 Cup (96 tbs), ground|
|Cilantro roots||1 Cup (16 tbs) (divided)|
|Kale||1 Cup (16 tbs) (divided)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs) (divided)|
|Spring water||1 Bottle (1 l)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||12 Clove (60 gm)|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Kelp sea weed||1 Tablespoon|
|Coconut butter||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 651 Calories from Fat 444
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.5%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 398.3 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 24 g48.5%
Vitamin A 43.5% Vitamin C 215.7%
Calcium 33.8% Iron 73.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Coarsely chop onions and keep them in a large bowl.
2. Mix flax and sunflower seeds and grind well.
3. In a processor jar add 2 onions, celery, kale and cilantro roots.
4. Put the mixture in the same bowl where chopped onion are kept.
5. Grate zucchini and add to the onion mixture. Mix well.
6. In a blending jar combine celery, coconut, kale and spring water. Blend for a few minutes.
7. Add cilantro roots in the mixture. Blend for a few minutes.
8. Add cumin, turmeric powder in the mixture. Again blend for a few minutes.
9. In a coffee grinder take cinnamon and cardamom add powder in the puree jar.
10. Add cayenne powder, garlic, ginger. Grind again for a few minutes.
11. Add in salt, hoshuwu, kelp sea weed and coconut butter, blend well.
12. Add puree to the onion mixture, mix well.
13. Add the flax and sunflower seeds powder, mix well for a few minutes.
14. Take a tray and scoop mixture over it.
15. Put the tray in a dehydrator and dehydrate for 3 hours.
16. Transfer onion pakodas on another tray and dehydrate for another 4 – 5 hours.
17. Serve onion pakodas in a plate.