- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
One Pot Pork Casserole Recipe
|Lean pork||12 Ounce, diced (350 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Carrot||5 Ounce, sliced (50 Gram)|
|Baby new potatoes||1 1⁄4 Pound, scrubbed (500 Gram)|
|Pork stock||14 Fluid Ounce (Fat Removed If Homemade, 400 Milliliter)|
|Frozen peas||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Green beans||3 Ounce, trimmed (75 Gram)|
|Cornflour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Cold water||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1166 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.2%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 231.3 mg77.1%
Sodium 1460.1 mg60.8%
Total Carbohydrates 142 g47.3%
Dietary Fiber 23.4 g93.8%
Sugars 27.4 g
Protein 94 g187.6%
Vitamin A 587.3% Vitamin C 191.9%
Calcium 30.7% Iron 39.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim pork for any visible fat.
2) In a saucepan, place the pork with the onion, carrot, potatoes, stock and bay leaves.
3) Boil the stock, cover the pan and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the meat is tender.
4) Add the peas and green beans.
5) Blend the cornflour with the water and add to the casserole.
6) Bring again stockto the boil, then cover and simmer for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7) Season with black pepper and remove the bay leaves before serving.
8) Pork casserole tastes best when served with a small crusty roll (without spread) to soak up the gravy.