- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
One Pot Korean Spicy Ribs with Rice Recipe Video
|Baby back ribs||2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Jasmine rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the sauce|
|Chopped garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili pepper||1 , finely chopped (fresh)|
|Korean red pepper flakes||3 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||4 , finely chopped|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 630 Calories from Fat 260
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.9%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 103.7 mg
Sodium 1368.5 mg57%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.6%
Sugars 19.2 g
Protein 33 g66.1%
Vitamin A 61.5% Vitamin C 30.4%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the ribs in cold water overnight.
2. Drain them and pat them down with a paper towel.
3. Season lightly one side with salt and pepper.
4. In a Dutch oven, put the ribs seasoned side down and sear until golden brown.
5. Season the other side with salt and pepper too.
6. Once done, remove them.
7. Add the onions and a little water to deglaze the pan. Keep on cooking till the onions look translucent.
8. For the sauce: In a bowl, add the chopped garlic, chopped ginger, red chili pepper, Korean red pepper flakes, black pepper, gochujang, sesame oil, honey, mirin and soy sauce. Stir to mix.
9. Add the sauce to the onions being cooked in the pan. Stir to mix.
10. Pour in the water and add the ribs back.
11. Let it cook for 30- 40 minutes covered.
12. Remove the lid and make a little room in the center of the pot.
13. Add the Jasmine rice, cover, reduce the heat to medium and let it cook for 20 minutes.
14. Further reduce the heat and cook for another 10 minutes.
15. Add the green onions and let it stand covered for 10 minutes.
16. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve right away.