- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
One Pot Chicken Pilaf Recipe
|Sunflower oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Skinless chicken thigh/2 small boneless chicken thigh fillets||1 Large, cut into chunks|
|Basmati rice||3 1⁄3 Ounce (1/3 Mug)|
|Chicken stock||6 1⁄2 Ounce (2/3 Mug)|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||10 Ounce (1 Mug)|
|Spinach leaf||5 Ounce, frozen (1/2 Mug)|
|Curry paste||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 242 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.4 mg
Sodium 227.5 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 13 g25.2%
Vitamin A 138.5% Vitamin C 32.8%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a frying pan, saute the onion in oil for 5 to 6 minutes until softened.
2) Stir in the chicken pieces, saute for another few minutes , until lightly browned.
3) Then stir in the curry paste and rice, saute for another 1 minute.
4) Pour in the chicken stock and add slightly larger pieces of frozen vegetables.
5) Bring to a boil, then cover and cook over a low heat for 10 mins.
6) Then stir in rest of the vegetables and scatter over the spinach.
7) Cover and cook for another 10 minutes, until all the stock is absorbed and the rice is tender.
8) Stir thoroughly and season to taste.
9) Serve the One Pot Chicken Pilaf immediately.