- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
One Pot Cabbage and Beans with White Fish Recipe
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (1 Small Knob)|
|Smoked bacon rashers||5 , chopped (Streaky)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Celery sticks||2 , diced|
|Carrots||2 , diced|
|Thyme sprigs||5 (1 Small Bunch)|
|Savoy cabbage||1 , shredded|
|White wine||4 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Flageolet beans in water||410 Gram, drained (1 Can)|
|White fish fillets||20 Ounce (Sustainable White Fish, Such As Hake, 4 Fillets About 140 Gram Each, Skin On)|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon (For The Fish)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (For The Fish)|
Calories 569 Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.2%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.7 mg
Sodium 324.6 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 16.1 g64.3%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 50 g99.5%
Vitamin A 159.9% Vitamin C 144.3%
Calcium 20.4% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large pan and heat the butter.
2) When the butter sizzles, add in the bacon. Stir fry for a couple of minutes.
3) Now, put in the onion, celery and carrots. Gently sauté and cook for 8 to10 mins until they are tender but browned.
4) Add in the thyme and cabbage. Sauté for a few mins until the cabbage starts to soften.
5) Add the wine and let it simmer till it evaporates completely. Finally, pour in the stock and beans.
6) Cover the pan after seasoning. Let it simmer for 10 mins until the cabbage is tender but hasn't yet lost it's sheen. Remove it from heat.
7) After cooking the cabbage, season each fish fillet. Dust each fillet skin with flour.
8) In a frying pan, heat the oil. Fry the fillets for 4 minutes with skin-side facing down until they turn crisp. Then turn to the other side and cook for a few minutes.
9) Serve the fillets hot in individual plates with with cabbage.