- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
One Hour Oat Bread Recipe
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oat bran||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oats||1 Cup (16 tbs), rolled|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 474 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.7%
Saturated Fat 0.97 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 300.9 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g31.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.5 g61.9%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 24 g47.5%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 33.2% Iron 33.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. In a bowl, mix together the flour, oat bran, oats, raisins, and baking powder.
3. Pour in the buttermilk and use a large rubber spatula to mix well.
4. Shape the dough into a round loaf of about 7 inches in diameter.
5. Smooth the top and sides.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set the loaf on it.
7. Ii any raisins are visible, poke them into the dough with your linger so they won't burn.
8. Sprinkle the loaf with a bit of flour.
9. Bake at 425°F for about 45 minutes, or until the bottom of the loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
10. Completely cool before slicing.
11. Serve cold as part of the menu.