- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
One Dish Meal Recipe
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Bacon||12 Ounce, diced|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Smoked sausage||1⁄2 Pound, sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|Canned kidney beans||16 Ounce, rinsed and drained (1 Can)|
|Canned pork and beans||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned lima beans||1 Can (10 oz), rinsed and drained (1 Can)|
|Soybeans/Great northern beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, drained|
|Ketchup/Chili sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey/Brown sugar -||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Liquid smoke seasoning||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper||1 Dash|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
Calories 1023 Calories from Fat 353
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.1%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143.8 mg
Sodium 3244.7 mg135.2%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g36.1%
Dietary Fiber 19.7 g79%
Sugars 50.3 g
Protein 69 g138.1%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 34.4%
Calcium 21% Iron 56.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a skillet and brown ground beef in it.
2) Pour off fat and arrange then in a slow cooker.
3) Fry bacon until browned and drain well on paper towel.
4) From the skillet, drain fat and sautÃ© onion, green onions and green pepper in it until lightly browned.
5) Place this in slow cooker with bacon and rest of the ingredients.
6) Cook the mixture, covered on low for 4-6 hours.
7) Serve hot.