- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Southern Fried Chicken Recipe Video
|Whole milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Regular salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Green bell pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken breast||4 Large (with bone)|
|Peanut oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 899 Calories from Fat 473
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g82%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g53.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.7 mg32.9%
Sodium 1023.7 mg42.7%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 55 g109.7%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add eggs, milk, salt and pepper and whisk.
2. Coat the chicken breasts with the egg mixture and marinate for 20 minutes, turning occassionally.
3. Heat peanut oil in a skillet.
4. Dip the marinated chicken breasts into the flour and fry in the skillet for 15 minutes.
5. Flip the chicken breasts to cook the other side for 5-7 minutes.
7. Plate and serve.