- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweetcorn Patties Recipe Video
|Cheddar cheese||200 Gram, grated|
|Sweetcorn||200 Gram, drained, rinsed|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Sweet chili sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Corriander||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
Calories 641 Calories from Fat 362
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.3%
Saturated Fat 19.3 g96.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.4 mg57.5%
Sodium 570.1 mg23.8%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.6%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 21 g42.5%
Vitamin A 30.4% Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 38.7% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pan add butter, melt and bring to a boil. When it begins to froth, reduce the flame and add flour and whisk it well and cook the flour for 1 minute.
2. Add beaten egg little at a time continue whisking until all the egg is incorporated. You should get a glossy appearance.
3. Add the sweet corn, cheese, sweet chili sauce and chopped coriander. Mixing all the ingredients together.
4. In a frying pan pour vegetable oil and heat it well. Drop one large tablespoon of the corn batter at a time, slightly flattening it out to make a patty. Fry on both sides until patties are golden brown and crispy.
5. Remove and drain on paper toweling.
6. Serve the Sweet Corn Patties as an appetizer with a dipping sauce or as a side dish if you like.