- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Microwave Cheese Sauce Recipe Video
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|English mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||50 Gram, grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 559 Calories from Fat 356
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g62.1%
Saturated Fat 25.1 g125.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118.1 mg
Sodium 931 mg38.8%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.87 g3.5%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 22 g44.2%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 0.44%
Calcium 62.9% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a microwaveable bowl add the butter and melt for 30 seconds in the microwave.
2. Once done add the mustard, salt,pepper and plain flour. Whisk all the ingredients well to make a smooth paste.
3. Cook in the microwave for 30 seconds until flour is cooked.
4. Remove bowl from microwave. Gradually add milk while continuously whisking, to get a lump free smooth sauce. Return bowl to the microwave and cook for 1 minute. Remove and stir after every 20 seconds.
5. Repeat the process until the sauce thickens.
6. Add the grated cheese and stir well until it melts into the sauce.
7. You can use the cheese sauce to coat pasta or veggies or use it as a dip as well.