- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish and Chips Recipe Video
|Fish fillet||125 Gram|
|Potato||135 Gram, slice|
|Self raising flour||100 Gram|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||250 Milliliter|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon (for coating)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2937 Calories from Fat 2317
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 262 g403.6%
Saturated Fat 34.6 g172.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.2 mg
Sodium 2990 mg124.6%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24.1%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 40 g79.9%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 44.3%
Calcium 41.5% Iron 36.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean the fish and ensure there are no bones.
2. Cut the fish fillet into half and keep it aside.
3. Cut the potatoes into think long slices and keep it aside.
4. In a bowl put flour, vinegar, salt and baking soda and little water using a whisk mix the entire ingredients well you should get a batter like consistency.
5. In a bowl put plain flour and then coat the fish with it.
6. Now in a pan pour oil and heat on medium high. When hot, fry the potato fingers for about 5 minutes until cooked through.
7. After that in the same pan fry the fish. Dip the fish in the batter and coat it evenly and then drop into the hot oil and fry for 5-6 minutes until golden brown.
8. Once done fry the potato chips once again until crispy and golden.
9. Serve the fish and chips with tarter sauce or mayo to dip.
Clean and wash the fish and ensure you pat it dry before coating with flour and frying.