- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Cheese and Onion Pie Recipe Video
|Pastry dough||12 Ounce|
|Onions||8 Ounce, slice|
|Cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, grated|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|English mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 Small, beaten|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon (for rolling)|
Calories 658 Calories from Fat 370
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g63.9%
Saturated Fat 20.5 g102.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.7 mg
Sodium 847.5 mg35.3%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 19 g37.4%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 43.7% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Break the egg in a bowl and add the salt, pepper & mustard. Beat well and set aside.
2. In a large bowl place all the onion and cook it in the microwave for about 2 minutes once done keep it aside.
3. Great a baking dish or pie dish.
4. Pre heat the oven at 200 degree C / 400 degree F .
5. Dust a clean work surface with flour and roll out the pastry evenly. Once done line the baking/pie dish with the pastry.
6. Combine cheese and the onion together. Spoon the mixture over the pastry base.
7. Pour the beaten egg mixture over it. Brush the edges of the pastry with egg
8. Roll another sheet of the pastry dough to cover the top. Crimp or Pinch the edges. Brush some egg wash on the top of the pastry to give a nice golden color.
9. If you have any extra dough left then roll out and cut into strips to make a pattern that you like as shown in the video.
10. Bake the pie in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
11. Cut into portions and serve warm as an appetizer or as a side.
After half an hour you can again brush the pastry with egg wash to give it a beautiful glaze.