- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Omelette With Wild Mushrooms Recipe
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon (1/4 Stick)|
|Shitake mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced if large (Shitake, Porcini, Girolles, Cepes, Etc.)|
|Clarified butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley/Chervil||To Taste, finely chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 705 Calories from Fat 609
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106.1%
Saturated Fat 38.5 g192.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 779.4 mg
Sodium 611.2 mg25.5%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 20 g39.1%
Vitamin A 31.3% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a small skillet, stir in butter until melted and fry the mushrooms for about 3 to 4 minutes,by turning frequently.
2) Add required salt and pepper to the mushrooms.
Remove skillet from heat and keep mushrooms warm.
3) In a bowl ,lightly beat the eggs after adding salt and pepper.
4) In an omelette pan (8 inches in diameter for a 2-egg omelette, 9 inches for 3 eggs) heat the clarified butter and stir in until melted.
5) When the butter is hot enough but not smoking hot, pour in the eggs.
6) With the help of a fork or a spatula, scrape the egg mixture from the sides of the pan, while moving the pan back and forth across the flame constantly, so that the eggs do not stick.
7) Reduce the heat if needed, to let the eggs cook through without browning.
8) Just before the omelette is set, spoon the mushroom filling into the centre.
9) Garnish with chopped herbs, and roll onto a warm serving plate and serve hot.