- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Omelette Ile De France Recipe
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Button mushrooms||2 Ounce, sliced (50 Gram)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Cooked ham slice||1|
|Gruyere cheese/Cheddar cheese||1 Ounce, grated (25 Gram)|
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36.1%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 263.5 mg
Sodium 338.6 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.59 g2.3%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 16 g32.5%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 24.5% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, melt 1/2 butter, stir in the flour and cook gently for a min; stir in the milk, season with salt and pepper; allow to boil and cook for further 2 min.
2) Set aside half the sauce , add the mushrooms to the pan with the balance sauce and cook for a min.
3) In a frying pan, add beaten eggs over the 1/2 melted butter and cook gently over a low heat until the eggs begin to set; place a sliced ham over the eggs, pour the mushroom sauce beside the ham; fold the omlette.
4) Spread the sauce set aside over the omlette , sprinkle with the grated cheese and place under a hot grill, until brown and bubbly.
6) Serve immediately on a nice dish with a green salad.