- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Omelette Fines Herbes Recipe
|Fresh herbs||4 Tablespoon, chopped (Fresh Parsley, Chervil And Tarragon)|
|Pepper||To Taste, milled|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.3%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 351.9 mg
Sodium 207.2 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 0.65 g0.22%
Dietary Fiber 0.01 g0.03%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 10 g19.4%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.4% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a large mixing bowl, break eggs.
2. Add a little cold water.
3. Using a large fork or a wire whisk, beat the eggs lightly until yolks and whites are blended
4. Add herbs and seasonings and whisk again
5. In a small â€“ 8 inch frying pan, melt 1/4 butter.
6. When the butter begins to froth, pour in 1/4 of the egg mixture and swirl pan to coat evenly.
7. With a spatula, stir lightly until eggs begin to set.
8. Use a fork to bring uncooked egg from sides to centre.
9. Once bottom is set and middle is set but soft, take pan off heat.
10. Loosen the omelet with spatula and fold in half or bring two sides to the center.
11. Slide or invert onto a serving plate.
12. Continue to make remaining omelets in same manner.
13. Serve the ready omelet immediately plain or with toast.