- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Olive Nut Cheese Ball Recipe
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Blue cheese||8 Ounce|
|Ripe olives||2 1⁄2 Ounce, chopped or sliced|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon (Fresh, Frozen, Or Dried)|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3339 Calories from Fat 2843
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 318 g489.3%
Saturated Fat 116 g580.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 419.5 mg
Sodium 5052.7 mg210.5%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g51.4%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 94 g187.9%
Vitamin A 191.9% Vitamin C 15.8%
Calcium 170.4% Iron 23%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large dry bowl, soften cream cheese, using a wooden spoon or an electric hand beater.
2. Add the blue cheese and butter.
3. Beat the mixture thoroughly until smooth and creamy.
4. Stir in the olives, 1/4 cup of the nuts and the chives.
5. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the mixture is firm, preferably overnight.
6. When firm, shape the mixture into one large or two equal size balls.
7. Spread remaining nuts on a wax paper.
8. Roll cheese ball in the nuts until evenly coated.
9. Refrigerate again for at least 1/2 hour, or until firm.
10. Serve them with a variety of crackers and fruit on a cheese board, providing a cheese knife to spread the cheese.
11. You can also gift wrap the cheese balls after wrapping them in plastic and include in gift hampers.
Chopped parsley instead of nuts makes a handsome cover, but don't use it unless you expect the cheese ball to be eaten at one party. The parsley doesn't keep well; the cheese and nuts do.