- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Olive Salsa Recipe
|Pitted green olives||7 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Green olives||7 Ounce, pitted (1 Can)|
|Pitted black olives||3 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned pitted black olives||3 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped finely|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
|Jalapeno chilies||2 , chopped finely|
|Jalapeno||2 , chopped finely|
|Red onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), finely chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Anchovy fillets||2 Ounce|
|Anchovy fillets||2 Ounce, chopped finely (About 15)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), lightly toasted|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1001 Calories from Fat 815
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.8%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12 mg
Sodium 1519.8 mg63.3%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.4%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 12 g23.5%
Vitamin A 35.8% Vitamin C 142%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To toast pine nuts, spread them on a small cookie sheet and roast in a moderately hot oven (300°F) for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently until they are lightly browned.
2. Remove and let cool.
3. Drain the olives discarding the liquid.
4. Chop them coarsely with a knife of in a food processor.
5. Add them to a bowl along with remaining ingredients.
6. Mix thoroughly.
7. Cover and leave aside for at least 30 minutes before serving so that the flavors are absorbed.
8. Serve the salsa with corn chips or along with grilled fish.