- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Olive Potatoes Recipe
|Evaporated milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, diced|
|Diced cooked potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sliced ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 173
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.5%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.2 mg
Sodium 488.3 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 12.9% Vitamin C 10.3%
Calcium 28.7% Iron 40.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix water and milk and keep aside.
3. Take a heavy saucepan, heat butter in it.
4. Put flour and cook for a minute by stirring well.
5. Slowly add the milk mixture and continue stirring.
6. Put cheese and cook on medium flame until thick and frothy mixture is formed.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Mix potatoes and olives.
9. Take a greased 11/2 quart casserole, put the potato and olive mixture in it.
10. Top the mixture with cheese sauce.
11. Mix breadcrumbs with 2 tablespoon melted butter and once mixed, put it on the cheese sauce spreading evenly.
12. Bake the dish for 35 minutes.
13. Serve warm.