- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Olive Bread with Caramelized Onion and Gruyere Cheese Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Large, dice|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Plain white flour||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melt|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Port wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ripe olive||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), slice|
|Gruyere cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Regular salt||To Taste|
|Green bell pepper||To Taste|
Calories 1100 Calories from Fat 557
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97.5%
Saturated Fat 22.3 g111.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 303.5 mg101.2%
Sodium 1323.7 mg55.2%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.8%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 39 g77.4%
Vitamin A 27.2% Vitamin C 11%
Calcium 105% Iron 47.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place a pan over medium high heat, pour olive oil, and sauté onion in it until caramelized and golden. Turn off heat and keep it aside.
3. In a bowl, crack eggs, and whisk until frothy.
4. Add flour, baking powder, olive oil, melted butter, dry white wine, and port wine. Mix it well.
5. Drop, sautéed onion, cheese, olives, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine.
6. Into a greased loaf pan, pour the mixture.
7. Pop it in oven, and bake for 50minutes or until well risen and golden brown.
8. Remove from the loaf pan, and allow it to cool before slicing.
9. Cut into slices, and serve it with cheese spread and veggies as sandwich.