- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Olive and Lemon Studded Chicken Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, slivered (1 Inch)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Saffron threads||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon (3 Inch)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Chickens||7 Pound, each cut into 10 serving pieces, wing tips trimmed|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs) (1 Package)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , preserved (1 Can)|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 1839 Calories from Fat 1148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 127 g196%
Saturated Fat 35.3 g176.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 595.3 mg
Sodium 962.8 mg40.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 150 g300.1%
Vitamin A 30.3% Vitamin C 75.2%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 45.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large heavy pot, saute the onions in heated olive oil over a medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, until wilted.
2) Stir in the garlic, saffron, cumin, ginger, and cayenne, then stir and cook for further 2 minutes.
3) Rinse and remove any excess fat from the chickens, and pat dry.
4) Stir into the pot alongwith the chicken broth, lemon juice, and cinnamon sticks.
5) Allow to boil, then partially cover and cook over a medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6) Stir in the olives and preserved lemon slivers, then partially cover and cook for another 20 minutes, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
7) When ready to serve, stir in the salt and parsely, then adjust the seasonings.
8) Serve hot on individual serving plates.