- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies Recipe
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4060 Calories from Fat 1680
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 189 g290.8%
Saturated Fat 35 g174.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 482.2 mg
Sodium 1107.4 mg46.1%
Total Carbohydrates 540 g180.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.5%
Sugars 252.3 g
Protein 54 g107.1%
Vitamin A 166.3% Vitamin C 0.36%
Calcium 49.5% Iron 111.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine and sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together.
2) Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the margarine with till the mix resembles bread crumbs.
3) Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix till well blended.
4) Refrigerate for at least one hour.
5) On a well-floured board or baking sheet, take small amount of dough at a time and roll to a thickness of about 1/8 inch.
6) Cut the cookies using a 4-inch floured cutter.
7) If using a board, then remove rounds and arrange on a baking sheet.
8) If dough is rolled on a baking sheet, then remove excess dough from around the cookies.
9) Dust with sugar and place in the oven at 375°F and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, till browned around the edges.
10) Cool on a wire rack.
11) Serve with a hot cup of tea.