- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old-Fashioned Fried Apple Tarts Recipe
|Dried apples||8 Ounce|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted self rising flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Hot fat||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3253 Calories from Fat 1104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 124 g191.5%
Saturated Fat 32.1 g160.4%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 18.1 mg
Sodium 6601.4 mg275.1%
Total Carbohydrates 502 g167.5%
Dietary Fiber 19.7 g78.9%
Sugars 130.7 g
Protein 34 g68.2%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 14.7%
Calcium 99.3% Iron 106.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Prepare the apples according to the package directions.
2) Mash thoroughly and add in the sugar.
4) Cut in the shortening into flour and add about 5 tablespoons cold water.
5) Mix till a dough is formed.
6) Continue kneading till smooth.
7) Roll into saucer-sized circles.
8) Add small amount of apples in the center of each circle.
9) Fold in half and seal and trim the edges.
10) Add into hot fat in skillet and fry till lightly browned, turning once.
12) Serve with cream.