- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old World Cabbage Rolls Recipe
|Cooked brown rice/Millet /bulgar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Stewed tomatoes||7 1⁄2 Cup (120 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated celery||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Finely grated carrots||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 463 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.8%
Saturated Fat 0.88 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1469.6 mg61.2%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g31.1%
Dietary Fiber 14.3 g57.2%
Sugars 36.2 g
Protein 12 g24.8%
Vitamin A 251.3% Vitamin C 159.1%
Calcium 40.8% Iron 41.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large pot, boil water.
2) In the water, drop the whole head of cabbage for 3-5 minutes and then drain off the water.
3) Peel off the cabbage's leaves carefully and set them aside.
4) Grate the carrot and wash and chop the celery in very small pieces.
5) In a pan, put some oil and saute celery and carrots in it and then add tamari and spices.
6) With the cooked grain, mix the sauted vegetables.
7) On each cabbage leaf, place 1/2 cup of this mixture and then roll up the leaves.
8) To hold the cabbage leaf together, a toothpick can be used, if desired.
9) In a baking dish, place the cabbage rolls covered with the sauce.
10) In the oven, bake it at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
11) Prepare them on a leisurely day, then refrigerate for one or two days; then bake and serve.
These cabbage rolls reminds you of the gentle taste of Eastern Europe.An extra special meal!