- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old Style Apple Bread Recipe
|Margarine||1 Tablespoon (For Greasing)|
|Self-rising flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Bread)|
|Peeled cored sharp apple||7⁄8 Cup (14 tbs), coarsely shredded|
|Minced lemon rind||1⁄2 , or grated|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|English cider/Unsweetened about apple juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2619 Calories from Fat 556
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.9%
Saturated Fat 32.6 g163.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 332.4 mg110.8%
Sodium 6071.6 mg253%
Total Carbohydrates 478 g159.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.3%
Sugars 193.7 g
Protein 32 g64.8%
Vitamin A 46% Vitamin C 26.9%
Calcium 81.2% Iron 76.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
3. Rub or cut in butter to resemble breadcrumbs.
4. Mix in freshly shredded apple and the lemon rind.
5. Stir in egg with enough cider or apple juice to make a soft dough.
6. Turn into prepared pan. Level the top surface.
7. Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes. Cool on a rack. Good with cheese.