- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old Fashioned Taffy Recipe
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2067 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 245.5 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 501 g166.8%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 500.2 g
Protein 0.13 g0.26%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.3% Iron 0.44%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a small Dutch oven and mix the first five ingredients in it.
2) Cook over medium heat without any stirring until the soft crack stage of 270° is reached.
3) Remove the container from the flame and stir the vanilla in.
4) Take a jelly roll pan of 15- x 10- x 1-inch dimensions or a marble slab.
5) Butter the pan before pouring in the candy mixture.
6) Allow it to cool sufficiently so that it can be touched.
7) Pull the candy until it lightens in color or hardens.
8) Divide the candy into two portions and make a rope of 1 inch diameter by pulling it.
9) Cut it into uniform 1 inch pieces, wrap it in paper and serve the taffy.