- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old Fashioned Succotash Recipe
|Whole kernel corn||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Fresh baby lima beans/Cranberry beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), parboiled|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine / bacon drippings||2 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
Calories 654 Calories from Fat 226
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.6%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.7 mg
Sodium 547.7 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 25.1 g100.3%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 26 g52.9%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 41.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a medium sized saucepan filled with 3" of water, on a medium flame and simmer.
2. Place a basin or saucepan that fits into the 1st saucepan such that the base of the vessel does not come in direct contact with the simmering water.
3. In the inner vessel of the double boiler combine corn, beans, cream, fat and sugar.
4. Stir to blend well and allow the corn and beans to simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until tender and heated through, stirring occasionally.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Ladle the succotash into a large serving bowl or into individual soup bowls.
7. Serve warm