- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old Fashioned Strawberry Lemonade Recipe Video
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (zest of 2 lemon)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh strawberries||25 Large, sliced|
|Water||7 Cup (112 tbs) (6-7)|
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.26 g0.4%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.07%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.3 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 54.9 g
Protein 0.72 g1.4%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 112.1%
Calcium 2% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot on medium heat, pour water.
2. Add sugar and stir to mix. Let is dissolve.
3. Put the lemon zest into the sugar water.
4. Pour the lemon juice into the pot. Stir.
5. Bring to a rapid boil and remove from heat. Set aside.
6. In a food processor, put the sliced strawberries.
7. Pour ¼ cup of the lemon mixture. Process till pureed.
8. In a pitcher, strain the prepared lemon mixture and the strawberry puree (either discard the pulp or use it for any other recipe).
9. Pour water and mix well till combined.
10. Refrigerate it or put in the freezer till very cold.
11. In a serving glass, pour the lemonade and serve fresh and chilled.