- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old Fashioned Jelly Roll Recipe
|Cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Strawberry jelly/Cherry/grape jelly||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2498 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.6%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 845.9 mg
Sodium 1812.2 mg75.5%
Total Carbohydrates 523 g174.3%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.5%
Sugars 363.7 g
Protein 41 g81.3%
Vitamin A 19.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 55.4% Iron 23.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Measure flour, baking powder and salt into a sifter.
3. Beat eggs until foamy in small bowl of electric mixer at high speed; gradually beat in granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is very thick and light; beat in vanilla.
4. Sift dry ingredients over egg mixture; gently fold in with wire whip until no streaks of flour remain. Spread into prepared pan.
5. Bake in hot oven (400°) 10 minutes, or until center springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
6. Loosen cake around sides of pan; turn upside down onto a clean towel dusted with 10X sugar; starting at short end, gently roll up cake with towel; cool, seam-side down.
7. Unroll cake carefully. Spoon jelly over cake, spreading to make an even layer. Reroll cake, without towel, and sprinkle with remaining 10X sugar. Allow to stand 1 hour before slicing with a sharp knife.