- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old Fashioned Fudge Cake Recipe
|Chocolate||4 Ounce (unsweetened)|
|Butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Cake flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (sifted)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ice water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4549 Calories from Fat 1512
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 172 g264.7%
Saturated Fat 100.3 g501.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 745.5 mg
Sodium 2857.5 mg119.1%
Total Carbohydrates 720 g239.9%
Dietary Fiber 45.4 g181.6%
Sugars 413 g
Protein 70 g140.5%
Vitamin A 84.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 39.7% Iron 30.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Melt chocolate in a glass custard cup in microwave oven (1 1/2 to 2 minutes at HIGH). Cool.
3. Cream butter, vanilla extract and sugar thoroughly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate.
4. Sift flour, baking soda and salt together. Alternately add flour mixture and ice water to creamed mixture, beating until blended after each addition.
5. Divide batter evenly in the lined cake dishes. Tap the bottom of the dish to remove large air bubbles. Cover with a paper towel. Cook one layer at a time in microwave oven 7 to 8 1/2 minutes at BAKE, or until done; rotate dish one-quarter turn once.
6. Cool on rack 5 minutes, then remove cake from dish and peel off paper.