- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old Fashioned French Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
|Egg yolks||6 , slightly beaten|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3073 Calories from Fat 1908
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 216 g332.6%
Saturated Fat 127.6 g637.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1813.4 mg
Sodium 1378.1 mg57.4%
Total Carbohydrates 244 g81.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 228.4 g
Protein 39 g77.4%
Vitamin A 176.3% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 94.5% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a heavy saucepan and combine the egg yolks, sugar, salt and milk.
2) Cook them on medium heat to make the custard thick.
3) Strain the custard and put into a bowl.
4) Add the cream and vanilla into the custard mixture. Cover the mixture and chill it.
5) Keep the custard mixture into the container of an ice cream maker and freeze it.
6) For making the old-fashioned chocolate ice cream, add 9 ounces of bittersweet chocolate to the hot custard.
7) Mix them thoroughly to make smooth.
8) Serve the dish chilled.