- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old Fashioned Egg Salad Recipe
|Round lettuce/Webb lettuce||1|
|Pepper||To Taste, milled|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 210 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 216.7 mg
Sodium 179.1 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.97 g3.9%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 9 g17.1%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 12.1%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Boil the eggs by placing them in a small saucepan and covering with cold water.
2. Simmer for 8 minutes after the water comes to a boil.
3. Drain and immediately plunge the eggs into a bowl of ice-chilled water.
4. Crack the shells on edge of the bowl and peel.
5. Return the peeled eggs to the cold water.
6. Separate the lettuce leaves.
7. Wash the lettuce thoroughly in ice chilled water and pat dry on kitchen towel.
8. Remove coarse stems and tear leaves into bite size pieces. Set aside until ready to serve.
9. Peel and chop the onion finely.
10. Line a salad bowl with lettuce leaves.
11. Slice the eggs.
12. Arrange egg slices over the lettuce sprinkling the chopped onion on top. Set aside.
13. To make the dressing, in a sall bowl, combine the seasonings and vinegar.
14. Stir until salt dissolves.
15. Add oil and Worcestershire sauce and whisk with a fork until well amalgamated.
16. Pour dressing over the salad.
17. Garnish with chopped parsley and sprinkle cheese.