- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old Fashioned Cole Slaw Recipe
|Green cabbage head/1/2 large cabbage head||1 Small|
|Carrots||2 , peeled|
|Reduced-calorie mayonnaise||4 Tablespoon|
|Plain non fat yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery seed||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 123 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.3%
Saturated Fat 0.59 g2.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.2 mg
Sodium 1120.1 mg46.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 105.3% Vitamin C 72.1%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove and discard the outer leaves of cabbage.
2. Halve and core the cabbage
3. Finely shred the cabbage by hand or in a food processor using the correct blade attachment.
4. Add cabbage to a large salad serving bowl.
5. Finely grate of chop the onion by hand or in the food processor and add to the cabbage.
6. Shred the carrots and add to bowl.
7. Finely slice pepper by hand, cutting into fine juliennes.
8. Mix the vegetables well toss them lightly with salad spoons or with your hands.
9. In a small bowl combine the dressing ingredients except the milk.
10. Whisk with a small wire whisk or a fork until well blended and creamy.
11. Add milk to adjust the consistency of the dressing if too thick.
12. Pour the dressing over the salad
13. Toss again until vegetables are thoroughly coated with the dressing.
14. Cover bowl and refrigerate for several hours or overnight until flavors are blended and slaw is chilled.
15. Serve the slaw chilled straight from the bowl.