- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Filling Recipe
|Unsweetened chocolate||3 Ounce|
|Powdered sugar/Confectioners' sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1109 Calories from Fat 435
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.6%
Saturated Fat 30.7 g153.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 214.7 mg
Sodium 417 mg17.4%
Total Carbohydrates 169 g56.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.3 g57%
Sugars 108.3 g
Protein 19 g37.8%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 20.9% Iron 87.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Use a double boiler to melt chocolate on top.
2) Add cream and egg to melted chocolate.
3) Gradually combine sugar with the mixture.
4) In a bowl, dissolve corn starch in little cold water.
5) Add the corn starch mixture to the chocolate mixture.
6) Constantly stir the mixture until it gets smooth and thick.
7) Mix in salt and vanilla.
8) Use the icing to spread between cake layers.